Ex Reads Kids' E-Mails From Us

>> Sunday, July 20, 2008

My stepdaughter told me yesterday that her mother definitely reads her emails. I knew that already because our emails were being read at times when my stepdaughter was in school and the responses were not my stepdaughter's, but I didn't tell my stepdaughter that. I knew her mother was responding and pretending it was my husband's daughter responding. Pathetic of a mother to do this!

WHY? Why does a parent have to stick their nose into the communications between the kid (not even a small child...she's a teenager) and their other parent, their other home? Why can't a parent allow their child "without guilt" access to their other parent? Seriously, what message does that send to the kid?

I am a mother and I monitor my 11 year old's emails all the time, however, monitoring emails from one parent to their child? I could see if my stepdaughter had a lot of emails from friends and such in her email to monitor her every email but she doesn't. She uses myspace for that (don't even get me started on the big fiasco of myspace with her mother pretending to be somebody else on there - 25 years old from Georgia and pretty ha! - and denying my husband access to his own kids' myspace pages and all that stuff...yes, she did that). Her email is mainly emails from our home. Even at that, monitor her friends' emails but leave emails from her dad alone. It's none of her dang business!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP