Moms Take Time For Yourself

>> Thursday, July 10, 2008

I have this problem - I feel guilty when I want to take time for myself or need a break. I shouldn't but I do. I work from home so I am home with the kids 24/7. I do my work, take care of my kids, pick up the house (it's nowhere near spotless as my grumbling husband can attest to), prepare the kids' meals, laundry, yell at the kids and dogs, etc. It's a madhouse. I get to the point where I have to get out before I lose it (my mind, my patience).

I feel guilty though. For years, I felt like I had to clear it with my husband's schedule first. It's not like he would ever clear his bike activities around my schedule so I'm not sure why I felt that way. Why should I have to "ask" dad to watch his own kids? He didn't expect me to. I just felt that way.

I've been getting better this past year on scheduling my time away for a couple hours here and there. If I don't, my husband reminds me. When I get to the limits of my frustrations, he tells me to go to the stable. He kicks me out of the house to unwind.

It's not healthy to not take care of myself. I know that, however finding the time and money to do things for myself is difficult for me. There is always a bill that needs to be paid so I feel like my need is secondary to that (not sure why that is because my husband has no problem requesting his wants, lol). I schedule all my kids doctor appointments but can get a few years behind in my check-ups. It's not good.

Moms need to take better care of themselves. I know I do. We have a lot of people depending on us to stay healthy and sane. My family could definitely drive me batty if I let them.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP