Reading is a passion

>> Monday, July 7, 2008

I LOVE to read. I have probably read at least four books in the last week alone. My problem is that once I start, I have a hard time putting it down. That usually means I am up until 3:00 a.m. finishing it. I get a lot of my books from the library, Amazon books, and neighbors giving them away.

I never give mine away (when I really should). I have bookcases full of books. I have boxes full of books. I don't let my kids throw their books out either. They're all sacred to me or something.

When I read, I get very involved in the book. I become a part of the book for a little while. When I was a kid, it was a way to forget about the dysfunction around me. Now, it is something I just really enjoy.

My older brother calls me "nerd" and I guess he'd be right in that respect. I'm a definite reading fanatic.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP