Where were the police?

>> Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yesterday, when I saw two cows trotting down the street in front of our in-town home, it was quite the shock and amusement. You don't expect to see large cows trotting down the street heading towards the village where I live.

When I called our local police department, there was no answer. I'm sure that didn't mean there were no police patrolling our streets. It just meant they had nobody answering their phones.

We live in a small town and I understand that during certain hours, the county sheriff's office takes over for calls. However, this was within normal business hours. We pay a lot of taxes for being such a small town, not including the school tax that just about kills us every year. Our kids could be in private school you'd think for the taxes we get hit with. Anyway, I would have thought that this village could afford to keep our local police department in full operation within regular business hours!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP