Another Day with the Stepkids

>> Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Well, another day with the stepkids is coming to an end. Everything is going ok...just some minor bumps (regular stuff mostly) that I've noticed for the most part (unless my kids aren't telling me things which is a possibility like last time).

I let my stepdaughter and oldest daughter (11) walk into town today. We live on the edge of town and I've never let my daughter walk that far but with her older sister with her, I hesitantly let them go (along with each of their cell phones, my daughter's inhaler, instructions on how to cross the main road, a map of the town since neither one of them know it that well in case they got lost, and money for the store they were going to buy junk food at). No, I'm not an over-protective momma, lol. They came back early because when they were sipping their Icee's on a bench in town, a guy at the stoplight was looking at them too closely (they thought) so they hightailed it home. They probably over-reacted because they are both drama queens but I was happy to see them home early since I was nervous about their first venture out together in this new town.

The kids also swam today again. I can't believe all six of them get into that little pool. With the littlest one in there, they have to sit quieter than usual and behave themselves but as soon as I take her out, they start splashing and jumping in and out of the pool.

I had a few good conversations with my stepdaughter today. She is just like the way she used to be a few years ago with us and it is nice to see that. She's laughing and joking around. She's not acting overly sensitive or distant anymore. She is growing up fast...too fast. I can see my husband struggle with that (if struggling is just refusing to want to know certain things about his oldest "little girl", lol).

Tonight, my stepson and my son rocked together - my stepson on his guitar and my son on his drums. They didn't sound half bad really. My stepson is taking guitar lessons and my nine-year-old son starts drum lessons on the fall. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't all sound like noise.

So, that was the day with the kids. There are three full days left and then on the fourth day, they go back to their mother's.

1 comments:

Jean9 July 16, 2008 at 1:34 AM  

It's so nice that the kids are all getting along..I hope the next few days are great as well.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP