Stepkid Won't Listen To You

>> Monday, July 14, 2008

Welcome to my world, lol.

The stepkids are here until Saturday. It's been a busy past few days. Yesterday, we put up our pool for the kids to cool off in and watched them for awhile playing in it. It was the first time my three year old would get into a pool (she refused her two inch kiddy pool last year) so it was an event for her. Then we played several games of volleyball while they dried (I have the sore arm and sunburned face to prove it) and watched Moondance Alexander afterward. That is a good family movie, especially for families who have little girls who are in love with horses. Then we hit the cake from my stepson's birthday the day before while the girls waited impatiently for Camp Rock to come on...again. I did get to talk to my stepdaughter for a little while kind of like how we used to talk so that was nice. Another busy day in our household.

I am finding that the problems of the past (stepson not listening to me) are still present. While playing in the pool, he was getting rough with the younger kids who have a certain level of fear with water, especially on their faces and of going under. I would tell him not to do something and he would look at me while still doing it - gauging if he should listen to me or daring me to stop him or something. I don't know what it was. I would seriously tell him to stop and he would stop (only to return to doing it when he thought I wasn't watching). Ahh, brings back old memories.

The next few days should be interesting.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP