Is Gardasil hurting and killing our kids?

>> Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I came across some articles tonight claiming that the Gardasil vaccine has caused death, paralysis, illness, spontaneous abortion, and more to some individuals after taking the vaccine. If you read my other blog, you know I have been on a mission to find out all I can about this vaccine as our pediatrician is encouraging it be given to our oldest (who just turned 11). I wanted to share this information with readers here too so its not missed.

Finding out what is true and what isn't is always difficult to decipher. So, I am putting all the information that may play into a parent's decision-making out there so families can make informed decisions on this vaccine.

Read more here.

Here is the CDC's response. In my opinion, this response leaves too many questions in my mind as to the safety of the vaccine at this time.

As of right now, my opinion is that my daughters will not be receiving this vaccine. It has always been my intention to ensure they knew all they need to know about safe sex to protect themselves. That intention remains.

More CDC information.

EDITED 7/8/08: I have another post about Gardasil with links to adverse reactions that include passing out, seizures, disruptions in pregnancy. Read it here.

5 comments:

Gail Alexander July 6, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

Thanks for the information. I was struggling with that issue myselt. My pediatrician tried to encourage me to get my daughter vaccinated, but I did not feel good about that. I am glad I trusted my instincts and said "no."

Syn July 6, 2008 at 11:42 PM  

You're welcome. I was worried about it too and struggling with what her doctor was recommending. I'm glad I didn't go with her recommendation without question and did the research this last year. Her next well-check is coming up this summer and I know her dr. will bring it up again. I'm better prepared to say "no" definitely now.

drobadt July 8, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

I am wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with this vaccine. My 15 year old daughter received this injection a few months ago and lost consciousness in the doctors office. Unfortunately the nurses back was turned for an instant and my daughter fell off the exam table requiring stitches in both her forehead and chin.

Syn July 8, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

That sounds familiar. I think I've read that somewhere online.

I've also read that there might be a problem when it is given at the same time as other vaccines like the menin....darnit, can't remember how to spell it now. I think it is the one for meningitis but I have to look it up. My stepdaughter got that one last year but not the gardasil.

Syn July 8, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

drobadt: I found more information about adverse reactions, including passing out. I posted it here: http://www.stepfamilysanctuary.com/2008/07/comment-on-my-other-post-about-gardasil.html

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP