Dateline msnbc.com and your unclaimed and missing money

>> Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Families dealing with paying child support often have times making ends meet when supporting two homes. I know we have struggled for years to pay our own bills, though we have always paid the child support first and on time.

Wouldn't it be great to find out you had extra money you didn't realize you had. Did you know that you might have unclaimed money just sitting out there unclaimed? According to Dateline, there are 33 billion dollars in unclaimed monies between 17 million individuals. You might be rich and not know it! Anybody can be on the list from your grandmother to yourself to the rich celebrity in Hollywood.

I just watched a video from Dateline and msnbc.com about a show called "You Might Be Rich" where they find your unclaimed money and surprise people with it. They showed a segment where they found $2,760 of unclaimed monies for an elderly couple. That sure would be a nice surprise wouldn't it? How they do it is by utilizing computer records as well as archives of non-computerized records in storage, trying to locate you and what is yours. It's a feel good kind of show which is a nice change from some of the shows on television today.

You don't have to wait and hope to be on this show one day to find out if you have unclaimed money. You can check it out for yourself at www.unclaimed.org or www.missingmoney.com. I used Missing Money before. I didn't find my name on there but did find the names of a few people that I know.

5 comments:

Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

This was a great show on dateline. I look forward to seeing more people receiving their money. I also saw a few videos when searching for unclaimed funds at http://www.specialreport.com

Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 10:44 AM  

This was a great show on dateline. I look forward to seeing more people receiving their money. I also saw a few videos when searching for unclaimed funds at http://specialreport.com/you-might-be-rich-datelinemsnbccom/

Jeanie April 26, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

I am so excited. Finally I can find out if I have any lost money. I have a lot of older Aunts that have passed an a wealthy Grandmother that has been gone for 2 years last March. Thanks

Syn April 30, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

You're welcome. I found my brother's name on their database. I wish I would have found mine too.

danielle.royster March 27, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

I claimed $173 that was owed to me by the State of Colorado and I wish it was more, but that money came right on time. Dateline is set apart from all of the other shows because they produce stories that are the most intriguing out of any other station in my opinion. The best part about it is that I can watch it in HD which is the best quality possible. I work and subscribe to DISH Network and I use the HD Free for Life promotion to watch this show in the best quality possible. I never have to pay another penny for HD and it's available to new and existing customers on the lowest basic package which is the America's Top 120 package. I love it and I am always recommending that people check out DISH Network and experience a value unseen by any other TV provider.

*Danielle

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP