Letting Go

>> Saturday, May 17, 2008

I have all of my kids clothes saved. When I say "all" I really mean all. I have those Rubbermaid totes piled high in our family room packed full of all of their clothes from the time they were babies. Some of them I save to pass them on since we have three girls. However, that doesn't explain why I've kept all my son's clothes since he doesn't have a little brother to pass them onto. It also doesn't explain why I've kept the clothes that don't fit our youngest daughter anymore (since we are supposed to be done having kids).

I have always planned on taking several of their (or my) favorite outfits from the time they were born for about their first five years and making them each a quilt with pieces of them. That's what I tell myself though I don't know how to make a quilt. That doesn't explain why I hang onto the rest of it though...the rest that I don't plan on using for their keepsake quilt.

Today is our city-wide garage sale. I could have put them all out in that. I didn't. I could drop them off at Goodwill, but I don't. Why do I have a hard time letting go?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP