Happy Mother's Day

>> Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there...and that includes the stepmoms! I know Mother's Day can sometimes be an awkward day for stepmoms with a lot of mixed feelings.

Personally, I gave up my mixed feelings years ago, lol. I don't expect to hear from my stepkids at all today. They used to acknowledge me on Mother's Day and I appreciated that, but that was then. I'd fall over from a heart attack if I did hear from them, lol. It doesn't affect my day not to hear from them.

My husband and kids are awesome on Mother's Day. My kids always come home with something from school for me and the time they spend doing that means a lot to me. My son told me yesterday that he hoped he liked what he is giving me because he spent two days at school making it, lol. My oldest daughter spent the previous few days gathering what she needed for her gift for me. She asked me a few days ago for any pics of she and I together. They put their little hearts into their gifts and that is what I love.

My husband gave me my gift yesterday. I am a picture and video taking freakazoid and my previous video camera didn't work with Vista on my computer so I've been using the video capability on my digital camera but they're not great videos so...it's a new video camera! Yeah! It takes them on mini DVD or SD which is great and it is so much smaller than my other camera...much more convenient. I love it! It is going to be perfect for our vacation next week! He shows me he loves me all the time without gifts too. He's a good husband...and cute too...and sexy too.

With my kids and a husband as wonderful as they are, I can't waste my day having mixed feelings over my stepkids. I am going to enjoy my day:) I hope you do too!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP