More Summertime Info

>> Monday, May 26, 2008

We went to northern Michigan to spend time with family for an extended holiday weekend. We had a lot of fun. Our kids love it up there. They play outside every day. We took walks through the woods and went for a boat ride (well, most everybody did...I stayed behind with our toddler who was terrified of the boat). We played bocce ball (I lost) and my husband and I got away for the first time together in over a year without kids and went on a trail ride on horseback through the national forest.

One thing we didn't count on was the sunburn. Being northern Michigan in May, it was still cool up there compared to where we live. I don't think it ever got over maybe 62-63 degrees. We forgot that even though it wasn't "hot" outside, the sun still causes damage. We all ended up with sunburn.

It's important to use sunscreen if you are going to be outside even if it doesn't feel "hot" as my sunburned nose (and other parts of me) can attest to. My son's poor ears got it bad as he was out kayaking with dad on the lake.

Remember the sunscreen!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP