How Do You Forget Your Kid at an Airport?

>> Thursday, May 15, 2008

A toddler was left behind in an airport. His parents and grandparents forgot him during the rush between connecting flights. They ran for the gate...without the kid. They boarded the plane...without the kid. Granted, the family was scattered throughout the plane and each one thought the other had the child, but come on! They hadn't realized they'd left their child behind until flight crew approached them. According to The Seattle Times and The Associated Press, Air Canada covered the costs for two additional flights for dad to fly back to Vancouver to get his child and return to Winnipeg where mom and grandparents were waiting.

I am sorry but as a mother, I can't imagine running through an airport and not checking to see where my young child was. I can't imagine boarding a plane THAT far ahead of my husband, who I assumed had the child, and not wanting to check on my toddler to see how they were doing on the flight. I can imagine how embarrassed they should feel though.

1 comments:

Anonymous May 17, 2008 at 5:07 AM  

I totally agree with you. This story is just horrible. After all, it’s not a backpack, it’s your child!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP