Non-Custodial Mom Kidnaps Sick Infant From Hospital

>> Thursday, May 15, 2008

A non-custodial mother kidnapped her sick infant son, who was in the hospital for viral asthma and/or pneumonia (reports differ), and his two siblings from a hospital in California. She disconnected all of the infant's machines and took off with no medications or anything! The custodial father was talking to the doctors about his son in another part of the hospital at the time she walked out of the hospital with the three children. The children were found in New Mexico and mom was arrested. She faces three counts of child abduction and one count of child endangerment.

I can't imagine, as a mother, removing my very ill infant from the hospital machines and taking him not only from the hospital, but driving him to another state! The reports say she didn't take medications with her.

I have asthma and I know that when I was bad enough to be hospitalized, every second felt like torture...when you are trying to get that breath and you can't. It was terrifying. I can't imagine putting my child of any age at risk and she kidnapped a child who couldn't talk and tell her how bad he was feeling.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP