Vacation Worries

>> Monday, May 26, 2008

Does anybody else worry excessively when taking long trips by car? I do! Our family vacation this past week was no exception. I worry through too much of the ride about getting into an accident - white knuckle worries. I worry about car accidents and my kids getting hurt or them losing both of their parents. It's a good thing we have life insurance but I would really prefer we never have to use it!

On the expressway, I see all the cars coming to a sudden stop and cars rear ending each other and the ones going too fast slamming into backends and going over cars. Once we get off of the expressway in northern Michigan, I worry about hitting a deer. I had visions of us smacking right into a deer (there were some dead ones off to the side of the road here and there that other motorists hadn't missed so it wasn't like this was an impossible worry). When our toddler got sick when we had almost reached our destination, my husband and I were trying to console her, grab a plastic bag to catch the rest, and handing baby wipes back to try to clean her up. I had my head down looking through the diaper bag for more wipes (I wasn't driving). I looked back up right as a deer zipped across the road right in front of us. We JUST missed catching its back end! I screeched like a wienie when I saw that deer. I guess my imagination wasn't too far off with that worry because that animal almost met its maker on that day.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP