The Terrible Twos Aren't Always Terrible

>> Friday, May 2, 2008

Our two-year-old can try your patience. There is no doubt about it. Last night was one of those times. She went into meltdown mode as soon her siblings got off the bus and she didn't quit until falling asleep at bedtime. She was screeching, whining, hitting, and smearing ice cream across my new kitchen floor with her feet! Oy!! I am sure the neighbors had to hear some of it. It was awful. She kills the "have another baby urge" that seems to be coming back for me right now. I guess it is nature - designed to make sure you don't have another child until you are ready to handle it, lol.

Then there is this morning. She is being sweet and cute, playing nicely by herself and with the dog. She is being cuddly and friendly. She's yelled out the window three times already this morning to say "hi" to the neighbor outside, the trash pick-up guys, and the man walking his dog. She's adorable. Well, maybe not so adorable - she just now tried to stick her finger in the poor dog's nose.

She turns three at the end of this month. Will the terrible twos magically disappear then? I doubt it. In fact, I know better. She's my 4th child so I know better. I'm thinking I have about another year of this and then she'll level out. Maybe I should sedate myself for a year, lol.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP