Brutality in China

>> Thursday, May 8, 2008

I really am clueless. I had no idea women in China were subjected to forced abortions, some in their eight and ninth month! I guess I take for granted the rights women have in the U. S. What a violation for the parents and the unborn child. It's murder! That's not an anti-abortion rant in general so all the pro-choicers can sit back down now. Pregnancies in those last couple of months when a child can survive on its own outside its mother but is purposely killed in utero - THAT IS MURDER! When women are forced to abort full term babies who are just days away from their due date, THAT IS MURDER!

Here are some of the excerpts I've read:

From NPR.org:

The couple was given a consent agreement to sign. When Liang refused, family planning officials signed it for him. He and his wife are devout Christians — he is a pastor — and they don't agree with abortion.

The officials gave Wei three injections in the lower abdomen. Contractions started the next afternoon, and continued for almost 16 hours. Her child was stillborn.

"I asked the doctor if it was a boy or girl," Wei said. "The doctor said it was a boy. My friends who were beside me said the baby's body was completely black. I felt desolate, so I didn't look up to see the baby."

From FOXNews (and how NOW apparently supports the forced abortions indirectly by supporting legislation that provides supplies that end up being used during the forced abortions):

"Once I found a woman who was nine-months pregnant, but did not have a birth-allowed certificate. According to the policy, she was forced to undergo an abortion surgery," Gao Xiaoduan, former family planning officer with the Chinese government, testified in tears before the U.S. House of Representatives. The baby was born alive, its lips sucking, its limbs stretching, Xiaoduan said. "A physician injected poison into its skull, and the child died, and it was thrown into the trash can."

Syn's Note: I can't stand NOW to begin with. I used to call myself a feminist before marrying a non-custodial father and seeing how NOW, instead of working to maintain equality in the family law arena have swung the wrong way and are trampling men's rights whenever possible. Feminist to me now is a dirty word. They took the meaning out of it and twisted it into something disgusting for me. For me, it means hateful.

From TIME Magazine:

"...as many as 61 pregnant women were injected with an abortive drug after being dragged to local hospitals, according to media accounts."

I found this more recent account on Yahoo News:

"...authorities sometimes force abortions or sterilization on people who seek to have children even though they are not legally married or who want more than one child, according to the State Department's most recent human rights report for China, issued in March."

Why wasn't THIS reported on in the media more often? I just came across it today online. I watch Headline News, CNN, and Fox (not religiously everyday but those are my global news sources) and I've not seen this. Why aren't people outside of China rising up in outrage at these murders?

What can we do? How do we help?

Economically, how much of what we buy and use on a daily basis comes from China? I would imagine way too much! Is there someplace online that we can track these types of products (and avoid them)? I had better start checking the "Made In ..." on everything I buy from now on.

Hey, maybe there is so much lead in all their toys coming to the U.S. because harming children is obviously OK with China! They probably do it on purpose.

First off, no woman should be forced to abort her child. That is an outrage in itself. If somebody had forced me to abort a baby, especially one I'd carried close to or to term and bonded with and felt move inside of me, I can't imagine my mental health would be too stable after that and the anger...oh, the anger! These babies were wanted!!

There are alternatives to China's MURDER! There are probably thousands upon thousands of couples that would adopt these babies rather than murdering them if Chinese officials feel the need to violate these women's rights - they don't have to murder. I have kids already, but I'd adopt a couple of the innocent babies and save them from death - raise them away from the brutality in China where they would be raised with love instead of killed and tossed into the trash along with somebody's lunch. The U. S. definitely has its own issues but at least we have choices! We can raise our children in a loving, happy home and a brutal government isn't going to break into my home, carry me off someplace, and inject me with something that kills my alive and kicking baby in my stomach so I can go through labor to have a stillborn baby. THAT IS MURDER!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP