Almost Lost the Pup

>> Friday, April 11, 2008

We have three dogs, two of which are larger dogs. The third, the youngest, is a little thing as you can see in her picture. She is a Sheltie/Beagle mix with cute, funky eyes.


Our dogs go outside on a heavy-duty 20 foot tie-out cable when they go outside. When the weather is nice, like it is now, they enjoy laying out there. This morning I am sitting here in my living room and look out on the upper deck and see the little pup up on the deck - where the tie-out can't reach...unless it's snapped. It had.

We were SO lucky that she came to the door and wanted in. She could've easily wandered off and been struck by a semi (we have a semi-truck route nearby) or met up with a coyote and been a scooby snack. I am very surprised actually that she stuck around. She's only about six months old - a little spaz of a dog. I'm glad she came back. She's my daughter's pup and it would've broke some hearts if she'd been lost or hurt.

So off I went right away to buy another tie-out at the farm store. As heavy-duty as I can get for the dogs while I figure out how to pay for a fence to fence the yard in so the dogs can run safely around and not worry about them getting loose. I need reinforcements since obviously the heavy-duty tie-outs only work for so long before they crease and snap.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP