Thyroid Keeping Hubby Up

>> Thursday, April 17, 2008

My husband told me a little while ago that he almost slept upstairs last night. When I asked him why, he just looked at me. My snoring. *sigh* If he falls asleep before me, it's not an issue for him (usually) but on his current work schedule, he's coming in after I am already sleeping so he's stuck listening to me.

I know "why" I snore - I have several nodules on my thyroid that are affecting my breathing when I sleep. I never snored before that.

I've thought about having the surgery done to remove my thyroid since it's not working anyway (I am on daily meds for the rest of my life). Snoring isn't a good enough reason to risk surgery but I am also worried that the nodules may be or could develop into cancer. If I have it taken out, no more risk. If I don't have it taken out, the big "C" word will be a worry for me all the time. That "C" word scares me, especially since I have four young kids.

I can't believe I snore! How embarrassing.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP