Why Hate For So Long?

>> Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I was thinking today (I think sometimes)...wondering why an ex would WANT to have conflict for years on end with the parent of their child (or with anybody for that matter). Especially when you divorce when your children are young, that is a long time left to feel such bitterness and hatred. What is the point? Who is it supposed to hurt? The other parent? I would guarantee that it hurts the children most of all. I would imagine that it stunts the person who is living in and spewing the bitterness as well, keeps them from moving on in some way.

We had it so bad for the first half a dozen years that I had to wonder if there were life insurance quotes out on me that I didn't know about. There should have been police reports a couple of times. Since putting distance (a lot of it) between us, the daily conflict has tapered down to a trickle here and there. The less daily interaction we have with the ex, the better it is. Plus, I disengaged so it's been a lot easier not having to deal with her on a weekly basis. Gotta love that!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP