Keeping Good Records

>> Tuesday, July 21, 2009

If you're like us, you realized early on that it is very important to keep good records of correspondence between you and the ex and perhaps a journal of things that don't leave their own paper trail. I have many bankers boxes in storage full of correspondence dealing with the ex from the first 11 years. (Imagine the bonfire we'll have after the kids turn 18!) We usually recycle all paper products but I can't imagine what the people at the recycle center would think if they read that!) For the past three years, rather than bombard my storage area with even more paperwork, I've kept most everything I could electronically with back ups. I see no reason to continue to kill trees to protect ourselves from the ex.

I have to ensure that I have a good computer system (and back-up) to hold everything. I started with disks but now I keep a stand alone back-up unit that backs up with the touch of a button. Love it!

I'm not too bad on the computer. I know my way around pretty well so this is easy enough for me. If I had to venture into the technical or mechanical side of computers, I'd call on somebody like orange county computer support because I'd have no clue.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP