Vacation is going to turn into a fight concerning sd

>> Saturday, July 18, 2009

We'll be driving to the stepkids' state in a few days. We'll be on vacation visiting my family (they live in same area as ex) and then driving to my in-laws for the remainder of our vacation. We'll get the kids in there for one of the days for the day (since they couldn't find time in their busy schedule to come spend any time here at any time during the summer...supposed to be here five weeks, couldn't rearrange their busy schedules to even come one week).

While we are in their area, we'll be staying with my sister. Hubby just asked me this morning if sd's boyfriend could come to my sister's too. (You mean bring somebody else who sd will spend all her time with even though we probably won't see them until next year some time and her younger siblings want to see and spend time with her?) Oh yeah, that's what he meant. I haven't asked yet. I told dh that since my sister lost her job seven months ago when the economy tanked, we'll be bringing food and stuff because I don't want to put her out. It is six extra mouths with just us, it'll be nine with the two stepkids and a boyfriend. Yeah us.

The MAJOR annoyance was when I told hubby that sd would NOT be driving my SUV while we were there (she JUST got her learner's permit within the past week). Hubby says, "Why not, are you going to say that when "they" (our kids he was pointing to) get theirs too?" Well, gee, I don't know. Let me think here...

  • If sd rear ends somebody or something, is the ex going to pay my $500 deductible? I think not.
  • If the sd hits something, is the ex going to sue us if sd or ss gets hurt?
  • If sd hits something and we no longer have a vehicle to continue our vacation, is that supposed to be ok?
  • If sd hits something, then the insurance company says, "Hey, you have a teen driver" even though she doesn't spend more than seven nights a year at our house so when our insurance doubles or triples for a teen driver, is that going to be ok? I think not. The ex's insurance can triple. I like our insurance rates just the way they are, thank you very much.
  • You mean, I'm expected to give my keys to a girl who wouldn't give us the time of day for 358 days over this past year, who has lied to us, and who couldn't pick up the phone to call her daddy on Father's Day? Yeah, right.

I'm supposed to be ok with handing the keys to my $36,000 truck to a girl who just got her permit sometime in the last week? Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor!



So, I was planning on staying at my sister's when hubby went to pick up his kids from the ex. I haven't seen the ex in four years and I wanted to keep it that way. Problem is, will hubby be able to say "no" to his daughter when she wants to drive MY truck after he picks them up? Will he even think about saying "no" even though he knows how I feel about it or will he think I'm being ridiculous and let her drive it anyway? Do I have to go to ensure he doesn't let sd drive my truck (because I can see him letting her do that and then swapping places before they get to my sister's house and I'm not sure if I am being ridiculous with that thought or if it is valid).

I'm irritated. I'm about to tell hubby I am going to stay home on "our vacation" with "our" kids and he can take "his" car on his own vacation to see "his" kids and if "his" daughter puts it in a ditch, then it is "his" problem!

I think I'm PMS'ing.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP