Five Year Old Navaeh Buchanan Likely Found Dead in River

>> Friday, June 5, 2009

With the disappearance of a five year old girl in Michigan in late May, and a body recently found matching her description in a nearby river, Monroe, Michigan residents are saddened and in shock. It seems like people are just waiting for the confirmation that the body found is missing Navaeh (heaven spelled backwards) Buchanan.

I remember when this story hit, the focus was on people "of interest" who were friends of the child's mother who have criminal records for sexual offenses. I don't understand this at all!

First, she was last seen riding a scooter in the apartment of her complex. I don't allow my children outside in our own yard without my watching them. I certainly wouldn't allow them unsupervised time in an apartment complex parking lot! This child was only five years old! She had no business outside without constant adult supervision.

Second, if you are a mother who is dating, you have a responsibility to your child to ensure you are not bringing dangerous people around your child. Men on a sex offender registry qualify as "dangerous people." The mother's boyfriend was a registered sex offender.

After this child's disappearance, the mother's boyfriend (registered sex offender) was driving a van that the police became interested in. The owner of this van, also a friend of this child's mother, was a convicted rapist!

This mother put her child into direct contact with people who had a history of sexual offenses. What was she thinking? She obviously wasn't thinking about her child's best interests. I haven't heard of any charges being filed yet but if this was her body found, I would imagine those will come soon.

I am very sad for this little girl. It's not her fault that the adults in her life didn't take better care of her. Her mother set up circumstances around this little girl that put her in harm's way. I don't have it in me right now to feel bad for the child's mother. I would like to see her charged with something (assuming she wasn't involved in the child's death...she certainly contributed to it with her negligence and reckless endangerment)!!! This makes me so angry.

If you are a mother, you do everything in your power to keep your child safe. She allowed predators around her child. She makes me sick. Some women don't deserve to be called "mother".

2 comments:

Donna June 11, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

The fact that Navaeh's "Mother" let's her roam a apt building on her own, is wrong. The fact that she lets a 5yr old child outside by herself is worse. THEN, to top it all off she thinks a sex offender deserves a second chance ?
Give me a break !!!!! I would never have let my children out by themselves at that age, and back then it wasn't as crazy "out there" like it is now. When I think of my Grandson who is soon to be 5 out on his own like that it makes me nauseous and brings tears to my eyes. Thank God my Son and Daughter-in-law are better parents and actually care about their children. If it is found out to be her boyfriend who murdered this baby, or anyone affiliated with him, they should put her in a cell right beside him. Oh wait, I'm sorry, she will probably get
PC. Shame her daughter didn't.

Syn June 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

I haven't heard anymore on this case. I agree with you about the mother. What kind of mother does that stuff?

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP