Congrats to all the stepmoms who are pregnant!

>> Saturday, June 20, 2009

Several of my stepmommy friends are pregnant, ready to add onto their blended family with another little one to love. I think babies are wonderful and should be celebrated. I hope their family (and other outside influences) allow them all the joy of that without trying to interfere or ruin it for them. After the recent loss a family I know experienced when their pre-teen child drowned, life is too short not to appreciate and love all that you have without making others miserable. Life is hard enough as it is.

I don't expect an ex to show up bearing baby gift baskets or anything. I think that would be asking too much. I do hope the ex's are considerate or if they can't be, that they go by the rule - "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" and make Emily Post proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 22, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

I am really nervous about the ex finding out I am pregnant. We are anticipating that her head will start spinning in circles. My husband and his ex were not able to conceive so they used a donor to have their children, so this was a huge shock to us when I got pregnant. My concern is how to respond when she starts asking questions about how it happened. I think it is inappropriate for her to even ask but I know she will because she feels like she has the right to know everything that goes on in our lives. On one hand I don't really mind that she knows how it happened but on the other hand I don't want her to think it is ok to ask questions about mine and my husband's personal life. If anyone has any advice on how they would handle it, I would love to know. I would imagine the you know what will probably hit the fan today as we just told the kids over the weekend.

Syn July 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

The ex thought she had the right to ask questions of us when I was miscarrying. She hadn't known I was pregnant (and neither had the kids). When I started miscarrying, we told my sd (who was little at the time) that I had a tummyache and daddy was taking her back to her mom's. The ex asked dh if I was pregnant when he got there. He told her no, but I wanted him to tell her none of her darn business and put her in her place.

Anything personal is inappropriate in my opinion unless you have that type of friendly relationship with the ex (some people do but I don't know too many of them). We never have so I don't know what made her think, or any ex for that matter, that they can ask personal questions.

I hope it went ok when you told the kids!!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP