How do you handle Father's Day gifts?

>> Tuesday, June 16, 2009


As a stepmom, do you help the stepchildren pick out a gift for Father's Day from them?

When my stepchildren were younger, they usually made him something at school plus I made sure we had a gift from them as well. Now that they're teenagers, they live in a different state, and we don't see them as often (not often enough to involve them in buying a gift with me) I've left it up to them to acknowledge dad for Father's Day. I do, however, pick out a gift for dad from us (our own four children and myself) plus the usual school gifts they make at school for him.

Gift ideas for dad could be something related to a hobby he enjoys, sporting event tickets, Mens Sunglasses (my husband is a sunglass fiend), or homemade gifts. If you go with something related to an outdoor hobby like golf or an outdoor sporting event, he's going to need a pair of sunglasses.

So, how do you handle Father's Day in your home?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP