Fashion Diva vs. Responsibility

>> Monday, June 22, 2009


My daughter's dog has chewed up two pairs of sandals in the last week alone. We bought her sparkly sandals and the dog ate one. We went and bought her another pair of them because they were so cute. The dog ate one of those as well. They must have tasted really good!

I enjoy shopping for childrens clothing as much as most moms, but I don't enjoy buying the same thing repeatedly! Lesson learned (for mom and dad and hopefully my youngest as well). Even at four years old, she has to have some responsibility for making sure her shoes are put away where they belong so the dog can't eat them. I won't replace them again. I don't want her growing up to be like Christina Ricci with more shoes than books and thinking that's OK. Being the bookworm that I am, I'm going to have to teach her to find a happy middle ground. She can still be the little fashion diva she loves being, but she has to have a good respect for reading too.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP