Summer Shopping with Big Thighs

>> Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer is here. Officially, it doesn't start for a couple weeks but when you have kids, summer starts when school lets out for the summer. My kids got out of school a few days ago.

I dread summer feeling and looking the way I do. My thyroid isn't under control and the weight is getting worse. I put on a pair of shorts a few weeks ago when I was taking the summer clothes out of storage and almost had a crying breakdown after seeing myself (wearing the ones that still fit...some didn't anymore which was bad).

Then my husband dragged me through shoe stores looking for a nice pair of sandals for me to wear (yes, my husband!). Men aren't supposed to like shopping. Maybe he thought it'd make me feel better because I suppose shopping for women's shoes does make some women feel better. Shopping has always made me feel worse, especially summer shopping where you wear less. He doesn't understand that. I'm female so I MUST like to shop! Well, not this female.

I want the weather to stay cooler so I can wear jeans that hide my thighs with a pair of boots that draw attention to the length of my long legs as opposed to the width of my thighs! I am not looking forward to the less is more clothing requirements of summer this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

you have long legs????? lucky lucky you!!! how bad could your thighs, be, really? and try adriano goldschmitt jeans...they have some very very very light ones....perfect for summer. at least they did last summer. or cropped cargo pants (try different ones to see which look best)...very comfortable and cool...or city shorts (those ones to the knees)

Syn June 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

They're bad. I wore a skort today and cringed everytime I sat down. I'd put my purse in my lap to hide my thighs. I'll check those jeans out. Lightweight jeans would be great. Thanks!!!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP