Stepkids acknowledge their dad for Father's Day?

>> Sunday, June 21, 2009

I was wondering how my stepkids would handle Father's Day for their dad. Not a card or a phone call from either. My stepdaughter sent her dad a text message (so personal of her eh?) and not a word (or text) from my stepson. Nice of her to take ten seconds out of her day for her father. Sad to say that I am not surprised.

Oh how well they've been taught to think of their dad as having little meaning to them. At least it wasn't totally overlooked right (by one of them at least)?

I wonder if my stepson is expecting a big gift for his birthday in a few weeks?

2 comments:

Anonymous June 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

I have the same problem. My stepsons don't acknowledge me at all, (except when they need something) but I can handle that, but not acknowledging my husband their father is just awful. He does so much for them, for him to get such disrespect. I am very concerned about the Children/ young adults of today.

Syn June 22, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Anon,

My stepson ignores me too. I expect it of him anymore. If he were to do different, I'd fall over in shock. Most of the time, my stepdaughter does as well (so much for the close relationship we used to have when we were like mother/daughter). When they ignore their dad though, it ticks me off. I don't think this time I am going to let it go by quietly. If their mother won't teach them respect, then I'm going to remind them myself. I'm giving the mail one more day to see if anything comes in to them but if not, they're going to hear from me. It doesn't take much to put a card in the mail or even a short letter. At this point, a phone call would be accepted...better than a short little text!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP