What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

>> Wednesday, June 4, 2008

For the last 12 years, I have wanted to be an attorney. I want to go to law school, graduate with very respectable grades, and work in family law where fathers get a raw deal all too often in the system. I would like to work in a system where both parents receive equal treatment for the sake of the children. After seeing how my husband was treated by his ex, the lawyers, and the family court system, that has been a dream of mine so more loving fathers didn't get mistreated. Lofty dream?

Law school wasn't affordable so I went to a community college for paralegal instead. Perhaps in five years when my husband is no longer a part of the family court system (when his kids turn 18) and we can possibly afford for me to go back to college for that length of time, becoming an attorney might not hold the same interest to me. I don't know. By that time, I will want to be actively planning for our retirement and probably not in school with "kids" half my age or starting a brand new career. I won't know that for five more years though.

In the interim, I still like to keep up things legally speaking. I like to see what new proposed laws are trying to get pushed through the system and what affect they would have on our family. I still visit different law web sites to see what's what in the field of law.

Law Firm Blogging is one of those places I recently came across. Some of the topics of interest are about legal business development books, Paris Hilton's attorney, online marketing for attorneys, web design for lawyers, news in the legal field, George Lindemann Jr pro blogging, and law firm blogs.

Maybe one day I will get to law school or else maybe one day, you'll find me on a ton of acreage somewhere out in the middle of nowhere with my family and horses. I haven't decided what I want to do when I grow up just yet. Never mind that I am 36! I'm still trying to grow up.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP