Scary Time Today

>> Sunday, June 8, 2008

Today, after my three year old fell out of her dining room chair, tipping her plate over and sending the liquid garlic butter cup flying and landing on her head, she went right to the bathtub to get the butter out of her hair. After her bath, I put her in her Blues Clues towel (the kind with the hood and ears that looks adorable on her) and ran to her bedroom to get her clothes. While I was on the way up one half flight of stairs (we live in a bi-level), she had decided to come down the other half instead of putting her pull-up on. She fell. She slid down headfirst on her back and then skipped the last two steps to land on the back of her head. I saw this through the rails and I couldn't get to her in time to stop her from hitting bottom.

She immediately started crying. I didn't move her; I waited until she sat up herself to make sure she wasn't injured badly. She reached out to me and pulled herself up and then sobbed for awhile while I held her. I think the scare had her crying just as much as the knock on the noggin.

Having a child knock their head always scares me. She's ok, but we kept her up for several hours past her usual bedtime just to make sure.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP