The Damage Kids Can Do

>> Friday, June 13, 2008

I am looking around my living room at the wear and tear (ok, damage) that kids do to furniture. The upholstery on my couch and loveseat have definitely seen better days, one of the dogs chewed on the leg of the loveseat, and my toddler has dinged up the finish on the coffee table and end tables. I think this is like the third in a round of coffee tables we've gone through.

Six children have gone through a few different sets of living room furniture over the years. Is that a lot? This is my last "kid" set. Once our toddler is a little older, I am getting my last set of living room furniture for many, many years and it will stay stain-free and ding-free. Right? Somebody offer me a little hope here...

2 comments:

Anonymous June 14, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Umm -- sure, you bet. Your furniture will remain stain- and nick-free for as long as you own it, since kids past toddler age never break or stain or otherwise damage anything.

Syn June 14, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

That wasn't real convincing, lol. We are on our fourth couch/loveseat set and we've been married 12 years. I was hoping I'd at least get five years between buying sprees. I could ban the kids from having anything in the living room altogether but dad eats and drinks in there too:(

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP