Stepkid Driver's License: Who Pays Insurance?

>> Friday, January 29, 2010

I think my stepdaughter just got her driver's license or is about to. I would hate to be the home to have to get that auto insurance quote right now. Technically, she could have received her driver's license a year ago but for whatever reason, her mother didn't get her scheduled and tested. 

She doesn't live with us so that's one bill that we don't have to deal with right now (I think). In three years, we will for our oldest daughter but for my stepkids, I believe that it falls on the custodial parent to provide insurance.  I think that is how it works anyway.  It better.  If my insurance goes up for a child who has more important things to do than spend time at dad's house, I'll be beyond ticked off.

1 comments:

Mom February 11, 2010 at 12:51 AM  

Your insurance will only go up if the child will be driving your car.

Which, by the way, you should notify your insurance company of immediately if she will be driving your vehicles.

The cost of auto insurance falls to whomever owns the car and has nothing at all to do with custody of the child..

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP