Economy Hits Hard

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am currently reading a vampire book.  Some parts of it takes place in New Orleans.  I've always wanted to go to New Orleans.  Since the hurricane, I've wondered what it looks like now - what still stands, what has been rebuilt. If hubby and I renew our vows this summer, maybe we should look into new orleans vacations and just drive down and check it out.

Who am I kidding? We're barely hanging on financially in this economy.  Now I'm just fantasizing.  Renewing our vows is beginning to look like it's just not going to happen, let alone a vacation to the deep south.  A couple weeks ago, I was really hopeful that we'd be able to renew our vows this year.  I thought hours would pick up at work but that's just not happening yet like we've been waiting for.  There were supposed to be extra hours the last couple weeks and those were cancelled.

I sure hope things pick up soon so the hours come back at work.  Part of me just wants to give the mortgage company the house but I know that's not reasonable (but boy would I like to tell Bank of America a few things!).  We can't rent a house big enough for all of us and the dogs. 

The stepkids are getting their child support on time though and the ex's house, which is in my husband's parents name, is what she lives in.  It gets aggravating.  I do think that my husband should pay child support for his children.  I just don't think that it's fair that when the economy goes in the stinker, we are the only ones sacrificing and struggling so hard.  In a family, everybody would have to adjust and sacrifice.  That just doesn't happen in a child support situation.  We are the only ones doing that.  The ex's hours haven't been cut at all while hubby has lost a big chunk of his hours for all of 2009.  A couple hundred dollars a month less child support is the difference between us being able to make our house payment right now or not.  It makes me resentful sometimes.  Not much I can do about it though.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP