Gained Weight, Have Thyroid Disease

>> Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What weight loss supplements have helped you?  I'm afraid to take any kind of weight loss supplement.  It seems like they are on the market and then pulled off down the road when they cause health problems for the people using them.  I don't want to be one of those statistics.  I've seen several on the market for long enough that they might be safe but I'm neurotic so I don't even want to try.

I've looked at liquid diets and thermogenic fat burners and I wouldn't know where to begin, what to look for in terms of interaction with my thyroid medications.  I know what my problem is - my thyroid.  It's zapped my metabolism down to nothing so if I can find a doctor who knows how to treat the thyroid right, then the weight will fall off on its own.  The problem is finding a good doctor who treats me like a person and not a lab report. 

3 comments:

Mrs. Stacey January 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

I had ankle surgery over a year ago. I could not walk normal for almost a year. I was afraid of gaining more weight than I already had since the accident. I started Alli. I did lose about 25 pounds. However, I know this sounds disgusting, it was like an oil spill everytime I went to the bathroom. The oils in food are not absorbed, and trust me...they come out. However, I was able to somewhat keep my diet the same. I have a large family and cannot afford to buy special foods just for me. You will pay for eating anything fried in oil. It does work. Good Luck.

Smirking Cat January 20, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

I've never taken any hardcore weight loss pills, but I did try green tea supplements once for a while that really seemed to diminish my appetite.

Syn January 20, 2010 at 6:21 PM  

I wish my appetite was my problem so at least I had some control over whether I lost the weight or not. My thyroid is whacked so I have no metabolism. I need something that will speed up my metabolism to a more normal level.

I looked at Alli at Wal-Mart a couple times but each time I walked out without it. The bathroom side effect was a deal breaker, lol. Besides disgusting like you said, it seems like it could get...painful if it's too frequent:)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP