Life Insurance and Stepkids

>> Friday, January 29, 2010

I was looking at an instant life insurance quote and got to wondering again about life insurance when you have a divorce. We have two different life insurance policies but they are set up in the event that if something happens to both myself and my husband, our four children get the bulk of it. We figure because they would be without any parent and the stepkids would have their mother still, that was the best way to do it right now while our children were still young. It would be a lot for my sister to take on raising our four children without that policy to support them through childhood so we doubled up on insurance.  If the ex were to try to fight that after the fact, I'd haunt her!

How does your family handle life insurance beneficiaries? 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP