Thanksgiving Holiday Starting

>> Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Foods have been cooked and put into the fridge for easy heat up tomorrow. Pies are waiting for us all to dig in. I'm ready to spend some time with just my husband and kids tomorrow enjoying the holiday together.

I looked up the hot searches on the Internet right now and as you can imagine, it was all about Thanksgiving. People are wanting to know what the turkey roasting times are, what are good recipes for green bean casserole, deviled eggs recipes, and traffic reports.

I can understand the food stuff. People are gearing up for the biggest eating day of the year but traffic report? With the economy the way it is, I would think traffic would be way down this holiday season due to finances. I know we can't afford to go see family for Thanksgiving (or Christmas). I guess others are luckier. I hope so. Huh, maybe they didn't marry a man with kids and a child support bill for 18 years, lol. I'd love to take a road trip away from everything for a long weekend. Update the rv insurance and head out of town and have fun! Not this year.

We will be spending it at home together. No family is coming to visit because everybody's finances are stretched or they have their own out-of-town guests coming. I don't mind spending it with just hubby and our own four kids. It's quite an appealing thought actually. Bad stepmom!

1 comments:

Anonymous December 10, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

I have "step-kids" (they are 25&30) coming over Christmas. I love my stepson to bits but my step daughter is a different kettle of fish. She is nasty, lazy and thinks her dad should pay for everything for her and her kids (her husband left her 2 years ago.)
She has even taken money from the grandsons birthday, xmas and easter cards and used it for herself.We have proof of this !! then she doesn't even tell him we sent anything for him, he thinks we forget him all the time.
I refuse to send money anymore and always address anything directly to the kids.She is constantly phoning up asking her dad to provide for her kids, uniforms, glasses, toys, books, anything.He never does but she just expects him to do it and gets quite shirty when he tells her he has his own bills to pay. She is seriously getting on my nerves and i don't think i can hold my tongue for much longer.!! I am dreading xmas and don't even want her near me, she annoys me that much.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP