Two Days Until Stepkids Here

>> Thursday, April 9, 2009

The stepkids will be here in two days (should've been one but I've done my share of complaining about that already so I'll spare you the griping again). We haven't seen them since July. After a day of getting used to each other again, I'm hoping for some connection - at least for all the kids and my husband. I know they have to keep their distance from me to keep their mother off their backs.


I told myself I was going to go easy on the Easter candy this year because it's expensive for six kids but once at the store...well, I think I went overboard. I'm sure it won't be near as much as what the ex will give the stepkids, and I'm sure we'll hear about that (who cares), but that wasn't my concern. According to OUR standards, there's an awful lot of chocolate but it's CHOCOLATE! I'm a choco-holic. Five of the kids will also have a book for Easter as well and then for my three-year-old, who already has a ton of books, I bought her a little Dora toy and a $1 hair set (brush, hair bands) instead. In addition to the custom tote bags I made to put it all in, the kids did pretty dang good.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP