Panic Attack On the Way

>> Saturday, May 16, 2009

My 12 year old daughter is "going with" a boy in her junior high class. She's shy and generally a good kid, and this boy has been her good friend all school year. I thought it'd be just a continuation of their friendship and maybe a little hand holding.

Yikes was I wrong!

He was here today and they held hands a few times. She walked him halfway home (which means through our backyard since he lives on the next block directly behind us) so I could see when she left him at the halfway point. She came home disappointed because he didn't kiss her (her first kiss)! What???

I can see we are going to have to have some rules because "going with" when I was her age meant still being afraid to get near a boy even though I was "going with" him. It doesn't mean the same thing now. *sigh*

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP