Happy Birthday to Me...I'm not 103

>> Friday, October 17, 2008

Yesterday was my birthday. Am I supposed to be surprised that neither stepchild remembered (or acknowledged it if they did)? I hope I'm not supposed to be surprised because I expected it. Expect the worse and you can't be disappointed right? I briefly wondered if sd would send a text message because she can do that without her mother knowing it to tick her off (god forbid they have any contact with me whatsoever 'cause her insecure lil cold heart can't handle it). Nope. Forgotten. Again. No surprise. They forget my kids' birthdays too so really, no surprise that they'd forget mine. I'm at the bottom of their list despite years of love, attention, giving, etc. They celebrate their dog's birthday. I'm below the dog. Yeah for me. LOL. Despite my sarcasm, I am "almost" beyond caring...barely a thought of it yesterday. Wouldn't want to waste more than a few seconds of my birthday being upset about something out of my hands.

Oh well, I had a good day yesterday and nobody could screw it up - not even the ex or the kids she's raising to behave like her (at least until they're 18 and out from under her *fingers crossed*). Here's the birthday details:

My Birthday Party

2 comments:

Laura October 17, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

Happy Birthday! I have 3 stepchildren, and I understand. My ex is also remarried, so by learning about the whole step-parent situation firsthand, I've been determined that my children will NOT be the same to their stepmom as my stepkids are to me. I encourage them to get to know her, and to contact her directly, thus affirming that she is more than their dad's wife. Hopefully this is a permanent relationship for my kids, so they'd better do it right now.

Syn October 17, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Thanks for the birthday wishes! That is a great thing you do for your kids - acknowledging their stepmom and a relationship with her. I've been married almost 13 years. I've been in my stepkids' lives since they were babies and they're teenagers now. The ex has never let up on the fact that I am NOT a part of "their" family and neither are our four kids (the stepkids' half siblings). You'd think after all this time, she'd get over it and do the right thing. Sad for the kids.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP