Decorating After Kids

>> Friday, October 24, 2008


My oldest child is almost 12. That means for more than a decade, my home has been child-proof. Unfortunately, this has meant no table lamps in my living room as well since they got pushed off the tables onto the floor. We figured that since our many kids were just babies, it wasn't their fault as it was our responsibility to child-proof our home. So, no more table lamps!
My youngest is now 3-1/2 years old and I am getting excited over not having to sit in the dark for much longer! It is a bit sad to be THIS excited over something a lot of people just take for granted, but I am. I am going to be able to have a table lamp sitting out soon. We've lived in a darkened living room for over a decade, relying on overhead lighting from other areas in our home. That's not the best in terms of interior design and it's certainly not the best arrangement for everyday living so I am overly excited to have light again...soon.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP