New Use for Nursing Mothers

>> Thursday, September 25, 2008

PETA wants Ben & Jerry's (ice cream) to use human breast milk for their ice cream rather than cow's milk. How many people would buy ice cream made from milk that came from a woman's breast? I wouldn't. I know when I was nursing and my husband got a taste of it (use your imagination), he didn't care for the taste.

I know the conflict there is with dairy products and that we are the only species who drinks milk from another species in general. I also know that when I cut out all dairy from my diet for just four days, the improvement in my asthma was HUGE. Astounding difference!

Going back to this idea...who would give all this milk? Would women go to work and hook themselves up to pumps and be milked for however long they could? I nursed for a couple of years and pumping was the least favorite part of it. Plus breast milk changes according to needs. How do you monitor and get the same consistent milk for the ice cream, assuming it could even be made into ice cream?

You wouldn't catch me hooking my breasts up to pumps in the name of ice cream!

Here's the article.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP