Bridge to Nowhere

>> Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I keep hearing about the "Bridge to Nowhere" in the news so I looked it up. I found this article where you can read about it. It is a September 2007 news article from CNN. It indicates how McCain was stated as being against it and talks about Palin's role (initially for it but nixed it in the end when the money could've been better put to use elsewhere).


It is interesting that so much is being made of this in the media, and trying to direct that negatively toward Palin who nixed it and is on record as doing so, but I found some interesting information:

BARACK VOTED TO ALLOW IT!

Here is the information on the bill itself. Here is a print screen showing Barack Obama voted for it. (From what I can find, the "No" vote was to keep funding for the Bridge to Nowhere and voting "Yes" shifted the funding to Hurricane Katrina relief.) Hmmmm...funds for Katrina relief or funds to build a bridge to a place with only 50 residents. Hmmm...let me think about that. Duh!!!



So why exactly is this "Bridge to Nowhere" being portrayed in the media as a negative against Palin? It seems like the negativity should be bounced back to Barack Obama who voted for the bridge. Oh yeah, that's right...most of the media is biased instead of practicing objective journalism. I forgot. Silly me. Perhaps during one of CNN's biased reports, they should look at one of their own articles.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP