Do You Discuss Politics?

>> Sunday, September 7, 2008

Politics is a hot button issue to discuss. This, along with religion and abortion, are a few topics I don't debate with anybody other than my husband. I don't see the point of trying to convince people on why I feel a certain way just like I don't expect anybody else to try to justify to me why they would vote a certain way.

Some people just love a debate though. Some people can debate with the best of them and then let it go. It doesn't affect relationships. That is how it should be for those who enjoy debating each other. Then you have other people who will allow it to affect relationships, perhaps with not that goal in mind, but with their constant rabid fascination with pushing their opinions on people who don't want to hear it. I don't see the point of that. Even if I agree with their political opinion, that constant spewing just gets on my last nerve and I have to end the conversation and avoid it in the future. I don't enjoy talking to people who think it is their life mission to convert me. Opinions are fine but don't get rabid about it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP