Symptom of Thyroid Disease: Skin Problems

>> Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One of the symptoms of my thyroid disease (hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Goiter, multiple nodules) has been bad skin. My skin looks just horrid and talk about breaking out with zits! I feel like I'm a teenager again. I've recently noticed that it is causing scarring around my nose too. Just what I want to deal with at 37 years old! I feel like I should be looking for the best acne treatment, along with a better doctor to manage my thyroid disease. If it's too oily in one place, it's too dry in another. I just can't win!

1 comments:

Anonymous September 21, 2009 at 1:27 AM  

I just found this by doing a search for "thyroid and skin." I totally understand what you mean! I'm going through the same thing; I've recently realized just how important the thyroid is. And I've realized just how much my life has been affected by my hypothyroidism. It's affected my life in many negative ways, and right now I'm trying to figure out what natural treatment I can use for it. Enough is enough! I'm finally starting to realize why my skin has been so abnormal and ugly compared to other people's beautiful skin.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP