Front Loader Washing Machine Odor

>> Monday, August 17, 2009

I was thrilled when we bought front-loading machines three years ago after moving to our new house. I was happy to have "the latest" but as with most things, sometimes "the latest" isn't always the best. The rubber seal around the door gets mildew growing in it and there is a smell on my clothes that just doesn't seem to want to go away.

While researching it, I'm finding several areas in the machine that needs to be cleaned that I didn't even know existed on the machine. Google it and see what you come up with if you're having the same problem. There are several things you can do. I'm going to have to get cleaning and I'm not looking forward to that job.

I also tend to throw a load in the wash and then forget about them. The clothes get nasty when that happens! It certainly doesn't help the situation any.

That combination bathroom/laundry room is definitely getting a makeover. While I have to keep the washer and dryer and get on a regular cleaning schedule for it, I am going to have to add some fresheners in there like a Woodwick Spill-Proof Reed Diffusers. Paint, a new floor, and a nice chrome shelf to hold the necessities and the bathroom will look fresh and presentable again (and smell presentable I hope).

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP