Getting Contacts

>> Friday, August 21, 2009

I am getting contacts for the first time in 14 years! I stopped wearing them because I had an allergic-type reaction to them after wearing them for years. My eyelids started swelling up so I stopped wearing them and stuck with glasses. It was a sad day when I had to take out my bright green eyes and just go with my regular hazel ones (I had my contacts in when I met my husband...guess he was surprised).

While at the eye doctor, I asked him if he thought I'd be able to wear them again. After an examination, he thought I'd be able to. They cost about the same as my glasses would have cost from there so I went with the contacts that allow the most oxygen in since they're healthier for the eyes. Since I won't be wearing prescription glasses with the transition lenses anymore, I'll have to remember to carry Sport Sunglasses with me to protect my eyes.

It's been years since I've been able to wear regular sunglasses. The only ones I have are from the 1990's!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP