Hemorrhage Money to Ex

>> Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Do you ever feel like you just hemorrhage money to the ex?

We have vision insurance on my stepkids. It covers lenses annually and new frames (up to a certain amount) every other year. The ex's insurance doesn't include vision.

My stepdaughter got new glasses last year of which the ex allowed her to buy way over what insurance covered (that we paid for even though we didn't have to). She just had her annual check-up a week ago and instead of just getting her new lenses for last year's expensive frames, the ex bought her new frames too. Cha-Ching! She sent us the bill.

My stepson, for the first time, needs glasses this year. Apparently, he doesn't want to wear them so the ex didn't get him any. He's 13. I'm sorry but I'd remove both his uber expensive guitars from his little hands until he wore the dang things (at least in my presence).

So glasses for my stepson, that would've been covered, the ex doesn't get because he doesn't want them (nevermind the exam showed he needed them). Frames for my stepdaughter, who only needed new lenses, she gets even though it's not covered by insurance, leaving a bill to send to daddy. Do you ever wonder what your spouse was thinking when it comes to their ex?

Then there's me. I was due for new frames 6-8 months ago but haven't gone because we don't have the extra money for co-pays. I have very bad vision and really need to go but put it off because of money.

Whatcha wanna bet that we pay for my stepdaughter's frames that she didn't need and that insurance didn't cover? We aren't legally bound to but you know how it goes...

2 comments:

Smirking Cat February 4, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

We have a sad, dysfunctional system that reduces fathers to dollar signs. Well, scratch that. I suppose it functions just dandy for the ex, eh?

Syn February 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

It sure does...not so great for the person who does the paying. Four more years, four more years:)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP