Sex Offender Registries

>> Saturday, February 21, 2009

Some sites people should be aware of, especially parents:

Family Watchdog
U. S. Dept. of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website
FBI Sex Offender Registry
Stop Sex Offenders

When my girls were invited to a sleepover at the grandparents of a school friend of theirs, I went online (to a sex offender registry and county property records) to check out the family and the area surrounding the family. I found a relative, who had property next door to the home where the party was, on the sex offender registry list. This family member could, in all likelihood, had been at the child's birthday party, with my children, had I allowed them to go.

I didn't. Thank god!

Will the registry find every pedophile? Absolutely not. For all that are caught, there are probably twice as many who aren't. However, it certainly helped us when we needed it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP