Don't You Hate It When Part IV

>> Friday, February 13, 2009

I have had several comments from others to my original "Don't You Hate It When" post, and subsequent posts, on things they don't like about some ex/step issues. I thought I'd make a new post from those comments. If you would like to add yours, please feel free to comment to this post and after I get several of them, I'll make a Part V to this post with your dislikes about the situation.

Here are the most recent additions of comments or emails from readers:


~ DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN ~
  • I hate it when my DH's EX brainwashes their kids to hate me. I hate it when the EX writes a blog about me and uses my real name and allows the skids to leave nasty comments about me afterwards!
  • Don't you hate it when the ex who is responsible for paying child support think they have a say in how the child support is spent? Child support is reimbursing the other parent for what they pay out for everything. Don't you hate it when the ex and/or his or her latest love interest have the nerve to gripe about how the cp spends the support? Don't you hate it when the clothes,shoes, new toys, etc that you bought and let the kids wear or take to visitation end up torn up or not brought back at all? That is why my kids wear old clothes for visits unless the ex specifically says there is a special occasion. GROW UP PEOPLE AND YOU WOULD FIND YOUR LIFE MUCH BETTER IF YOU FOCUSED MORE ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR KIDS OR STEPKIDS INSTEAD OF BEING IN A PISSING MATCH OVER THEM. PARENT THEM AND LOVE THEM AND CHERISH THE TIME SPENT AND STOP DEMANDING AN ACCOUNTING OF THE WRONGS AND KEEP AN ACCOUNTING OF THE RIGHTS WHEN THEY ARE THERE TO GIVE YOU JOY. FROM A MOM WHO BELIEVES THAT A STEPMOM OR STEPDAD IS JUST MORE PARENTS TO LOVE AND SEE HOW GREAT YOUR KIDS ARE.
  • ... the ex wife gets away with murder because 1. "She's the mother of those children" (so she MUST know best, without question) or 2. "She's still hurt from the divorce" (years later, despite her new marriage) 3. Because she "has a disability/condition and can't help it" (she's mentally ill and doesn't take her meds, how is this ok?)
  • ... you, as the new wife, are automatically assummed to be a homewrecking whore (even if the facts and dates prove otherwise) just because you are the "new wife"!
  • ...when you (the new wife) are truely suffering at the hands of the ex-wife, working your butt off to be the best step-parent and newlywed you can be, and ask someone for advice they say "well, you married into it!" That's about as helpful as saying "well, you knew your job would suck when they hired you"!!!!
  • The other parent lies to your current lover saying youve been sleeping together to try and get her to leave you so she can have you back. (like that would happen)

Here is another:

  • When the stepkids blow off dad and the rest of their family with dad for self-preservation rather than dealing with their mother's behavior, anger, etc. over them having a relationship with any of them, including half-siblings who get hurt everytime the stepkids hang up on them, ignore them, pretend they don't exist, etc. after years of closeness (which finally disintegrated after years of emotional manipulation from the ex).

Do you have any of your own to add? Or perhaps you agree or disagree with some of these yourself? Feel free to comment about it.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 24, 2010 at 3:43 AM  

There are just some things I’m going to have to get used to. For example, accepting the fact that his kids may never like me & some people will always see me as a home wrecker. And I may never outlive that reputation. But I knew he was married. I knew he had kids, and I when for it anyway. I pursued a man with a family & he left them for me. I mulled it over in my head what that meant. I thought I had a good grip on what this entailed. But I failed horribly at assessing the actual damage this whole thing caused. I knew that this might devastate his wife. But I was under the impression they weren’t very involved emotionally so I assured myself that she would be somewhat “thankful” to have him off of her hands. But I didn’t have a clue of how hard it was going to be for his kids. They must hate me. They should hate me. I made their mother cry for days, I took their father away. And even if they do like me- they feel guilty about it because that’s just like betraying their mom.
It’s been 11 months now since the day she knocked on the cheap hotel door & discovered me. And since then I think him & I (and her too) have made just about every mistake possible in helping the kids adjust. The mistakes you can make according to some therapists anyway. I was practically shoved down their throats the first chance he got. He wanted them to meet me. He tries to include me in everything they do. Which I’ll tell you what, they DO NOT want me around. She would blew her cool if she saw “us” together in the beginning, making her kids cry. Any mistake. You name it, we probably blew that too. We’ve kissed in front of them. Duh! They don’t want to see some B*tch showing affection for “Dad”. I’m sure she’s talked badly about me around them, (a lot). It caused turmoil for them when they do have fun with me. I just hope that we/I haven’t ruined any chance they have of a good relationship with their dad because it’s likely we/I did.
Whoever thinks of anyone but themselves when you cheat like this anyway? I wasn’t thinking, “I’ll bet every time the kids come over, I’ll feel like a big piece of Sh*t.” I didn’t think, “They might do it their wife’s or never trust her husband, when they're all grown up“. I didn’t think, “I’ll be the creepy outsider who they will hate & despise until I'm old” Or, “I’ll be thrashed by these brats every chance they get for the next 10-15 years.” Well, at least now I know how my own step father must have felt. I made sure he knew I hated him every day for YEARS! Oh, What have I done?
If I could go back, I wouldn’t have helped him betray his family like that. I should have stayed away & let them, as a family work it out & separate on their own terms before getting involved. It was a stupid & selfish move on our part to throw me in the mix & make them all deal with that too. I suck for that big time. But Gosh, do I love him! And he loves me. We love each other! And I’ll be around, hopefully for a long time so these things we'll just have to have to work out. I just hope I still have a chance to make something right with the kids. She’ll forever hate me, along with every member of her family & numerous people across the country. And I’m totally labeled for life as a harlot/home wrecker in most polite crowds. And he may very well decide it’s my fault if his relationship with his children turns bitter or any other negative outcome from our being together. I’ve never felt like I’m a bad person. I’m just easily blinded by love & I tend to be selfish & conveniently loosen my morals for men like him. It’s a good thing he’s one of a kind. I’m hoping Karma comes in any other form than what I’ve dished out. I’m sorry everyone. I’ll try to make it right somehow. And no matter what, I’ll learn to love the family who doesn’t want me and hopefully, in time, they’ll let me.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP