9 Months, 30 Days Until Stepdaughter Graduates

>> Thursday, August 5, 2010

There are about nine months and 30 days left until my stepdaughter graduates from high school.  Then it'll be one down and one to go!  Can't wait for this for a couple of reasons:

  1. Child support is a necessity but, let's face it, it also can hurt a bit with today's economy when everybody is cutting back and watching the budget (and getting their house out of foreclosure like we just did) while the ex's standard of living remained exactly the same, while living in a house that is in my in-laws' name (yeah, that bites a bit).  Child support will go down.  Party! 
  2. More importantly, the legal relationship with the ex, for my stepdaughter, will be over.  Done.  Ended.  Finish.  In the past.  Major celebratory party!!
So, for the length of a pregnancy, my stepdaughter will become an adult and it will be a direct relationship with her with the ex having no legal grounds to stand right in the middle.  Yippee! 

Then that'll leave the wait for my stepson to graduate in a few years.  When that time comes, you will hear my joy across the entire country.

2 comments:

Smirking Cat August 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

We have over 14 years to go, since my youngest stepdaughter is only 4. I agree with the child support comment; "everyone" does not include people like the BM when it comes to having to economize or tigthen belts. It's all about more cash she can drain from the children's father (to spend on herself, sadly).

Syn August 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

I remember when we had that long. It seemed like we were going to be dealing with the ex forever but in reality, it actually went by fast now that it is gone. I met my ss when he was a baby, my stepdaughter was 2-1/2. It's been a long time coming but we're on the downhill now:)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP