First Day of School Tears

>> Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our four kids started school today (my stepkids don't start until after Labor Day).  I got my oldest three off just fine and then waited for 9:00 a.m. to come around to take my youngest to her first day of kindergarten for her first day with parents (for the first 1-1/2 hours). 

Leaving her there at 10:30 was HARD!  I didn't cry.  I held it back and headed towards the parent meeting afterward with the principal and PTO.  On the way into the meeting, there was a PTO mom handing out kleenex to crying parents.  Oh geez!  That almost had me crying.  When I am trying NOT to cry, I don't want it to be the topic because then I WILL cry.  Made it through that meeting and went out to the car.

Holding back tears again for the drive home and immediately started picking up the house, etc. to keep my mind off of the fact that my baby is now in school full-time and won't be my baby anymore.  She'll turn into one of "THEM" (a KID who won't want to cuddle as much, spend time with mom as much, etc.). 

So far, I've not cried and now would be a good time to since I am by myself but I think I've choked them so far back, they aren't going to come.  Maybe when I have to put her on the bus for the first time to send her off for the day I will.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP